Harrisonburg Tour II (Stop 2)
This museum is managed by the Harrisonburg – Rockingham Historical Society. Take in the electronic map detailing Jackson’s Valley Campaign, exhibits on Native Americans in the area, the earliest settlers and much more.
Address: 382 High Street, Dayton, VA 22821
Contact: (540) 879-2686; www.heritagecenter.com
Hours: Tuesday to Saturday; 10am to 5pm; Sunday; 1pm to 5pm.
Directions to the John Miegs Monument (Stop 3):
1) Head north on High Street toward State Route 732. Go 220 Feet.
2) Turn right onto State Route 732. Go 400 Feet.
3) Turn left onto State Route 701/State Route 732. Go 184 Feet.
4) Take the 1st right onto State Route 732. Go 0.3 Miles.
5) Turn left onto VA-42 N. Go 0.7 Miles.
6) Turn right onto Meigs Lane/State Route 713. Go 499 Feet. End at Meigs Lane, Dayton.