Civil War trails sign on Jackson’s use of this location as a headquarters in April 1862 and of Turner Ashby’s defense of the Shenandoah River line just north of that location.
From April 2 to April 17, 1862, General Thomas “Stonewall” Jackson made this location his headquarters, which had formally been the home of a Lutheran minister Rev. Anders Rude. While Jackson and the main body of his army encamped there, Col. Turner Ashby kept the advancing Federal army at bay north at Stony Creek.
Photo and information courtesy of www.hmdb.org
Admission Fee/Ticket Price: