Civil War trails sign on the site of a Confederate Hospital that was built in 1861.
In September 1861 the Confederate Medical Department built the structures that once stood at this location for use as a hospital. The area’s position and proximity to Northern Virginia Battlefields provided a key position to care for the wounded of those conflicts. The cemetery across the street provided a burial ground for the casualties who would die from their wounds at this hospital. It was dedicated and named “Our Soldiers Cemetery”.
Photo and information courtesy of www.hmdb.org
Admission Fee/Ticket Price: