Saturday, January 20, 2018, 5pm-9:45pm
Mimslyn Inn, Luray, Virginia
Join us for the Shenandoah Valley Battlefields Foundation’s Annual Meeting and the 2018 Preservation Ball. The evening will include:
- Annual Meeting with featured speaker Col. Keith E. Gibson, SVBF CEO Keven Walker, and the
presentation of the SVBF’s prestigious annual awards.
- Social Hour and Reception with heavy hors d’oeuvres and beverages
- The Preservation Ball – Presented by the Shenandoah Valley Civil War Era Dancers and featuring music by Marshall & Company
The cost will be $35 for individual tickets, $60 for couples. The fee goes towards SVBF membership; by attending, you join or renew your membership. Advance tickets are required. Register by contacting Kirsten Kauling at 540-740-4545 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Annual Meeting – 5pm
SVBF CEO Keven Walker will look back at the preservation successes of 2017 – and preview the SVBF’s exciting agenda for 2018.
The SVBF’s annual awards will be presented to:
- Carrington Williams Preservation Award: Harry and Trish Ridgeway
- Volunteer of the Year Award: Jack Owens
- Chairman’s Award: Robert T. Mitchell, Jr.
- Edwin C. Bearss Lifetime Achievement Award: Paul Hawke (American Battlefield Protection Program)
- Graves Family Philanthropic Leadership Award: Rex and Helen Ritchie
Social Hour and Reception – 6pm
Between the meeting and the ball, enjoy heavy hors d’oeuvres and beverages (cash bar) while socializing with other battlefield preservation supporters.
Preservation Ball – 7pm
Presented by the Shenandoah Valley Civil War Era Dancers (SVCWED), and featuring music by Marshall & Company. Semi-formal. Previous dance experience not required. Come to join in the dances or to watch and enjoy the music!
The preservation ball is sponsored by Luray Caverns, Tom and Lesley Mack (SVCWED), and Eric and Kim Atkins (the Luray Fudge Company).
The Mimslyn Inn is offering a special room rate of $99 – including breakfast for two – if you say you’re staying for the program. (The regular rate is $179.) Availability will be limited. To book your room, or for more information, call the Mimslyn at (540) 743-5105.
Or you can contact Kirsten Kauling at 540-740-4545 or email@example.com